Thursday, December 18, 2008

Just Dance



Go figure. As one important person leaves your life, someone else will step in. I don't know exactly what the impact of the two opposing events will be, but I know that I'm ready for whatever happens. I'm currently listening to Weezer's Christmas album. It's only got a few songs, but this is the perfect year for something like this. At a time when major Artists and Groups protest most things I hold sacred and dear, you have Weezer coming out with a beautiful take on classic Christmas songs. I really think they did a great job with it to. Well done, boys.

Tonight I received a text from Amanda Lynn Sever tonight saying "Will you stop texting me." Before I got this, I had asked her if she had gotten any snow over in Illinois yet. I guess that's me being too intrusive. This would have probably hurt and offended me, had I not been already numb from anything Amanda could do to me. We have a long history. Three years ago, our personalities became intertwined. We became best friends, and I don't mean it like when most people say stuff like, "Oh my gosh! We used to be, like, best friends ever, like totally BFF's." We really were best friends. I still have all of her letters she sent me. I still have the sweatshirt she made me for my 18th birthday. I still have a shirt she made me. I still have a button she gave me, her favorite button. I still remember every single word we ever said to each other. Looking back, I think she has caused me enough love and pain for three lifetimes. I want to let it be known, I still believe she has the potential to be great for future friendships with other people. I can't bear to go through whatever she trys to put me through again. I can't, I won't.

I don't want to dwell much on this. Because it's the past. I will gladly answer any questions at your request, but on my own free will, I don't wanna write about it right now. Maybe later.

Have you heard of Lady GaGa? She is mind blowing. I love her. She's got the blondest hair I have ever loved. I saw her on the today show on Monday morning I think. She was showing Kathy Lee Gifford, formerly of Regis and Kathy Lee fame, and some mexican lady how to dance. Like I was paying attention to those two! Lady Gaga steals the show, I mean making it so hot it's stolen, Imma drop a line, make a scene like Gary Coleman.

I started listening to her whole CD, The Fame, as well as reading her profile on Wikipedia. She's just mind blowing. The things that surprised me the most were not her current status, but her past. She got her stage name from a Queen song you may have heard, Radio GaGa. Also, you know that little lightning bolt under her eye in the video for Just Dance? Yep, she likes David Bowie, just like me.

As one important figure purposely drops you out of their life, don't feel too down. A pop star is always waiting to join your life story. Thank you, Lady GaGa. Thank you.

Love,

The Only One

No comments: