Sunday, December 28, 2008

The sun never gets cancelled, or in other words, why would you cancel New Year's Eve?

I'm very, very bitter right now. I have been told they might cancel this whole New Year's Eve dance that I have heard, and been excited about, for a while. To me, this is just ideal. Lots of good people all together in one place, to have a great time. Seems ideal, right?

Wrong.. Apparently. They canceled a dance a few weeks ago that was sounding very amazing. It was gonna basically be amazing, like the cat's pajamas type awesome. That one was hard to believe, but still understandable. I was fed up, but we got two feet of snow two days before, so it makes sense. We have had no new snow today, there is a forecast of light snow for the next few days. There is no logical reason to cancel this. I'm stretching my mind like crazy to find a reason but I cannot. I have whipped out a perfect, edited to radio clean standards, playlist for a dance in less than three days, while having a full time job. Don't tell me things are impossible.

If you can dream it, it is not impossible.

I'm not a motivational speaker, in fact, I think I hate you. Just kidding, you're reading this. I love you. But seriously. You're making me think too hard. I have been thinking a lot lately about a lot of things. I really love hanging out with family, especially when my siblings and families come into town, because they are really good company. But there was nothing going on for the singles, and it feels like forever since there has been anything like that. I needed last night. I found out about it late Friday night. It was a little get together, with word that was poorly spread, obviously, but it was set up to be very fun. We played pool and played rock band as well. I'm only a singer. I cannot play drums, and I'm not too good at fake guitar. The only thing that is real on that is singing, which is why I choose to dominate that aspect of the game. Some people were just lame, just being totally whack when it comes to singing. This one girl was barely letting us know she had vocal chords, I was tripping, like is this girl for real? There was also some broseph that was condescending with his tone when was talking about my shoes. Next time I see him, I'll swiftly tell him to piss off in my mind... again.

Love,

The Only One

No comments: