Thursday, November 20, 2008

American Boy??


So I arrived home about 17 minutes ago, give or take a handful of minutes and seconds. Today was a lovely day out, not too hot or cold and no ice to slide my car like my heart into something fast. I've been debating the state of my heart a lot lately. I think I set myself up for heartbreak more than I provide for others. Before anyone else reads this and says it's false, you are crazy.

I would fight a barracuda with my bare hands. I feel bad for Kanye West. He goes through a lot. His mom died shortly after his last album released from complications that occurred during plastic surgery. Say what you want, but he has gone through a lot. I don't really care much for celebrities. I'll think they put out good stuff, but I don't find myself preoccupied with how they feel or their personal lives. I can't help but feel for the guy though. His new album which will be released on the 25, or next week for people that don't want to find a calendar. It's almost entirely singing, which I think will cause a lot of people to change their view on him. I've been playing a majority of these tracks for the past three weeks or so. Basically jamming on the future before you all even knew about it. I feel that this is the one that will be seen as a huge stepping stone for him. It's so different than all of his previous albums and mix tapes. I see someone that is stuck in a struggle between spoken word, hip hop, and stadium status. He is going to bring it to a whole new level. He also is feeling vulnerable and brave at the same time: The loss of his dear mother, Donda, has caused him to look deep within himself. I'm not going to get technical or act like I know more than I do. This is an album that I will hold dear to me for a long time. Listen to street lights.

The title of this entry came from the song by the lovely Estelle ft. Mr. Kanye West. Love it or hate it, this is music. Kanye West is a rock star. Don't mistake this.

Special shout out to all of you that have been there along the way listening to what I have to say. I hope all of you keep reading this and will continue to be part of my life.

Love,

The Only One

No comments: