Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Well, I'm going down south where I belong!


I know, I know. A really crappy version of the Ramones, "California Sun." And yes, I also know that they didn't really come up with that song, but you know what, there version of that song is why I fell in love with them. The raw energy of DeeDee Ramone screaming, "1,2,3,4!" before they get things started makes me wanna pick up a bass guitar again. Then I realize I don't really want to play bass. I know they get all the chicks, but has anyone seen a bass player lately? DeeDee is dead, and no one has the same energy as him. Either they stand there on stage stiff like a tree, or they do that stupid kick thing and have a stand up seizure. It's pretty ridiculous, and I'm just not really antsy to watch anyone perform like that. I Woke up yesterday I believe it was and was listening to the today show over my radio. The All American Rejects were playing, so I ran to the television to watch.

The lead singer plays bass. I did not realize that for some reason. It's not really a big deal, it doesn't alter my life very much, but it just threw me off guard. Their new song is really amazing. It's gonna give someone hell, that's for sure. Sorry, my puns are so last year.
I just finished applying online for UVU, formerly UVSC. There is a missionary up here that is pretty stoked on that place. It's also in Utah, which I'm loving. Don't get me wrong, I love people up here in Spokane. In fact, I'm pretty sure I meet someone amazing every week up here. Not every day, I'm not hallucinating or anything. I could go out of my way to meet someone special every day, but I'm just worried if I let myself wander that much. I think I could fall in love with my clone.
That's what happens when I let my mind wander. I'm not a professor or cool, not even close. Although last night I did watch Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. If that doesn't warm your heart, I don't know what will. Yesterday was totally stressful, and although I blame myself, I know I'm the only person who could fix it. In my mind I thought I could just smoke a cigarette or something, because six months ago, that is what I did. All the time.
I'm proud to say that I have been clean from everything for 109 days now. I'm also proud that I'm an american. It's just the american goodness to want to help people out. True, I have found myself very stressed looking for a job, but still, when I am downtown and see people begging for single dollar bills, I can't help but reach out and give them a couple. I know it won't go far, and most people think that they will just spend that money on liquor. I'll be honest. I have been given much in this life. Most importantly I have a family that loves me, and I can't even begin to try to put a price tag on that. But I also have been given talents and friends and just many, many more things that I can't even begin to list.
I picked up few applications today after faxing a resume, checking in with my six, count 'em, six temp agencies, and driving out to the valley just to find out the two positions have been filled at the same place. Filled last week, but still needed to be put in the newspaper this week. Hey, it's all good. Chinese food cheers me up. Thanks, Ming Wah. Seriously, go there, now. Back to the applications I acquired though... Pizza Hut, Pizza Pipeline and of course, Movie Gallery. Now, truth be told, I barely eat pizza, but I drive a lot, and I would hopefully snag a driver position. But I think everyone on planet earth knows that I have put no time or effort in a video store in over two years. I just think that is one industry that is becoming more and more obsolete. At least in my world it's already with the dinosaurs, unless of course they decide to pay me. Then I'll love them and they'll be the coolest new thing!
Now it's time to explain that picture up top. You've probably stopped reading this by now, and if not, then you're probably one of my BFF's or something, or maybe you're the coolest guy workign at my bank (Shout out to Bryce Hartford [or something like Hartford]). I found out he likes my blog, so hopefully he reads this whole entry. I don't think it will earn me any free coin from the bank, but then again, that would be stealing, and I'm not down for that ;)
Round two for my attempt at the picture. It's obviously me and a girl playing Twister. Thank you, Capt. Obvious. In high school, Bryan Ryan started the Twister Club, it was easily the most exclusive and most popular club in the whole school of over 2,000 students. This particular night was about two and half weeks ago, maybe just a week and a half ago, I can't really remember. Regardless, it was a surprise party for my friend Cari. She's pretty amazing, and I kind of used to be in love with her, but I've since lost all hope on that one, and she's happily in love with a cool guy named John. Some times, she accidentally calls him Joe, and once she called him Jo-Jo. That one made me smile, but only for a few seconds. I don't dwell on impossibilities.
Now for a little nighttime prediction.. I'm supposed to hang out with the lovely Megan Nicole Tompkins, but she isn't the best person at returning phone calls. I'm not going to totally rule it out, but it is legitimately a quarter to five, in the P.M. sense of things. As much as I would love to see her, she probably won't call, and I'm a ok with that. I'll be living in Utah soon enough, and if she wants to visit, I'll only be one state away, kind of like right now. I'm stressed with girls in this state. They want too much too fast, they won't be honest about their feelings or they will straight up just play games. Quit playin' games with my heart! My Heart!
Sorry about that.
Love,
The Only One

1 comment:

Jcqlnnichol said...

i wish i could write like you. i think that is part of the reason i read your blogs cause i love the way you write.
im going to really miss you a lot when your in utah! but i will probably come visit you. hopefully!!